MYTHOLOGICAL TATTOOS COME FROM ALL CULTURES
The mythological and mankind.
Mythology and Legend have fascinated mankind for thousands of years. It’s weaved into our culture, entertainment, music, literature, art and our psyche. Some of our greatest tales stem from these icons.
Some of the most predominant representations of mythology in tattoos come from the Nordic Regions, Ancient Rome and Greece. Design, Gods, Demons and creatures of all types can be seen in tattoos all around the globe. That’s not to say that other cultures aren’t also around.
We also see quite a bit of legend from Asia, India, the Middle East and our Native American brothers and sisters.
Human culture is rich in history, legend and mythology and there are plenty of places to draw inspiration. This also applies to tattoo ideas.
Here are a few ideas from various sources of mythology and legend.
- The Gods and Goddesses that can be found in the enormous pantheon of the ancient religions. Just to name a few, there’s Roman, Greek, Norse, Indian, Native American, Hindu, Egyptian and so on. Perhaps a representation of a God from various different cultures that rule over the same thing? Hades and Anubis side by side?
- Creatures of Legend, such as Medusa, Cerberus, Kraken, Pegasus, Jörmungandr, Fenrir.
- Humanoids of Legend like Elves, pixies, sprites and so on.
- Cryptids, although not quite in the same category as a legend or mythology, they are similar. A cryptid would be, for example, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Slenderman, Mothman, Chupacabra and Wendigo.
- Classic monsters like vampires or werewolves.
- Locations of Legend like the Lost City of Gold or the Garden of Eden, for example.
This is just a sampling of the possibilities out there for an inspired mythos tattoo. To book your newly inspired tattoo, contact us with an inquiry on our website or call the studio at 801-497-9700!